Saturday, December 31, 2011

Purple smoothie!

I'm here to tell you about my new best thing!! I call it a purple smoothie.. its so beautiful, so delicious and sooo good for you!

I don't measure ingredients, so I'm sorry for you OCDers out there, this will not be for you.

In your blender throw in some:

-frozen blueberries
-frozen strawberries (about 1/2 of the amount of blueberries)
-1 frozen banana
-vanilla soymilk (I am not a fan of soymilk, I think this will probably taste even better with almond milk!)
-coconut water (just a little bit... you can freeze it into ice cubes if you think ahead!)
-ice
-1 tablespoon flax seed (be sure to not add TOO much if you don't normally consume flax seed, it can cause a stomach ache because of high fiber. This is probably the most important ingredient because of the Omega 3!)

I was going to throw some acai juice in too but couldn't find any at the store.

As always, to up the health value you could add in some kale or spinach. The blueberry will take over the taste, don't worry about it tasting weird!



Smoothies are a great way to get your fruit (and veggie!) requirements for the day, and they are insanely delicious. Insanely. The best thing is that you can pretty much throw anything into the blender and its going to taste amazing. Another really good smoothie I love is orange juice & bananas! Hello fabulous!


My New Years Eve drink of choice!

Not only will I not feel disgusting in the morning from a hang over, I will feel as fabulous as I do now =)

If you're looking for a hangover cure Sunday morning... make this, and add lots of kale!!!

Happy 2012 !

No comments:

Post a Comment