Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tuscan White Bean Stew

2 days in a row of updating, this is epic.

I am sharing Monday's dinner with you as I can not tell a lie.. I had smart dogs again tonight. :)

This stew is AMAZING! I have been looking forward to making it for a long time, I bookmarked it way back when I first went vegetarian and finally got to it. I was really looking forward to the seitan in it, but of course.. the stores had no pre-made seitan and whenever I try to make it.. it turns out as a bouncy ball. It has the same consistency as chewing gum and its really annoying. Luckily, the seitan is optional in this recipe & I can vouch for the fact that its really good without it.



I doubled the amount of potato because I wanted it to be more filling since the seitan was MIA. I've never had white beans before, they are really good! I added like 90x the amount of kale it calls for... Like I said last post, I need to up my nutrients!

I've seen this on a lot of blogs, but the recipe I followed is here

try it! You won't be disappointed! And if you make your own seitan successfully, please pass some pointers on :(

No comments:

Post a Comment